Here we are going to discuss how you can use yoga for weight loss? Yoga is not popular when it comes to weight loss. The low-impact workout has surely become more and more well-liked around the world, but its main benefits are improved flexibility and mental clarity. Contrary to popular assumption, yoga can aid in a significant amount of weight loss and calorie burning. All you have to do is select the appropriate yoga asana and do it properly.
Types of yoga for weight loss
These yoga poses we are going to discuss are definitely going to help you in weight loss.
Utkatasana or Chair pose
The word Utkatasana comes from Sanskrit which means “Fierce Seat” or “Powerful Pose.” This assan initially leads to heat-building and strengthening. It is a type of yoga for weight loss. It helps in bringing all parts of your body together in a cohesive and powerful manner. If you successfully want to perform this pose then you need to gather all the strength in your legs, arms, and torso as you have to lift your core muscles and lengthen your spine.
- First you have to stand straight, with your legs slightly apart.
- Now you have to extend your hand vertically while the palm facing downwards. While doing this you don’t have to bend your elbows.
- Think as if you are sitting on a chair, bending your knees and pushing your pelvis down will help.
- Move your hand so that the points of it are pointing up at the ceilings.
- In this position, lengthen your spine, face forward, and try to relax a little.
- Now you have to take a few breaths in and out while holding the position.
This pose is also known as triangle pose. This is one of the best yoga for weight loss. In this you need to stand while spreading your legs a little bit apart. You also need to stretch your hamstrings and groin while opening your shoulders and stretching the hips.
- You first have to stand straight and keep your legs 2 feet apart.
- Take a deep breath in and elevate both of your hands sideways until they are parallel to your shoulders. Your palms should be facing down and your hands should be parallel to the ground.
- After exhaling, bend your right torso and hinge from your hips so that your right hand touches your right foot.
- Now you have to raise your hand towards the ceiling while looking upwards.
- After remaining in this position for 10 to 20 seconds, return to the starting position. On the other side, repeat the process.
If you are looking for yoga for weight loss, then you must try this position. This position is also known as the bow pose. It also has other benefits like it helps in relieving stress and anxiety. You can perform this yoga by following these steps
- Firstly you have to lay down on your stomach with your feet hip-width apart and arms by your sides.
- You need to bend your knees upwards while taking your heels towards your butt.
- Now you have to hold both of your ankles with your hands. You have to lift your legs and chest together
- You have to pause for 4-5 breaths. And start doing it again.